Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
Position: Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
Location: Columbia, MD
The Team Lead Solutions Developer will be responsible for designing technical solutions for business intelligence. The ideal candidate must be a jack of all trades and very adaptable willing to wear multiple hats in order to achieve success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with clients to analyze and understand functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Writes and maintains functional and technical specifications.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems, and computer capabilities.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and timetables for developing, testing, and installing applications.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Convert designs and specifications into computer code.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyzes codes to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consult with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain client approval.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program.
- Analyzes installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs.
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation.
- Follow company compliance policies and HIPAA guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Experience Developing BI Solutions
- Ability to interact with both the business and technical sides of the company
- Previous successful leadership
- Strong SQL experience
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience with web development (HTML, C# .Net)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Sharepoint a major plus
- Bachelor’s Degree; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FDS, Inc. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please submit resume to: email@example.com