Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
Position: Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
Reports to: Development Mgr.
Department: Emerging Technology
Location: Columbia, MD
The BI Developer will be responsible for designing technical solutions for business intelligence. The ideal candidate must be a jack of all trades and very adaptable willing to wear multiple hats in order to achieve success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with clients to analyze and understand functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Writes and maintains functional and technical specifications.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems, and computer capabilities.
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing, testing, and installing applications.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Convert designs and specifications into computer code.
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyzes codes to find causes of errors and revises programs.
- Consult with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain client approval.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program.
- Analyzes, installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs.
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation.
- Follow company compliance policies and HIPAA guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Experience Developing BI Solutions
- Ability to interact with both the business and technical sides of the company
- Previous successful leadership
- Strong SQL experience
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience with web development (HTML, C# .Net)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Sharepoint a major plus
- Bachelor’s Degree; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems and collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FDS, Inc. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please submit resume to: email@example.com