DME Product Support Specialist
Position: DME Product Support Specialist
Location: Fort Worth, TX
The representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining a professional relationship with the customer base. The representative is directly responsible for providing quality technical support services on various DME supported software applications, including but not limited to EZ DME. The representative is responsible for keeping management aware of customer problems and situations which the representative cannot resolve and other critical or important issues which may exist with the customer base.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Talk with customers and/or potential customer about DME services.
- Help with demos.
- Receives and returns telephone calls from users having problems with computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software and operating systems in a timely manner
- Talks to user to learn procedures followed and source of error. Answer questions.
- Asks user with problem to use the telephone and participate in diagnostic procedures.
- Determine whether a problem is caused by hardware such as a modem, printer, cables, or telephone.
- Talk with coworkers to research problems and find solutions.
- Talk to programming staff to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
- Logs all calls and maintains accurate records within the call tracking system.
- Must become familiar with hardware and operating features and commands necessary in troubleshooting customer problems.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether a product will aid in performing work.
- Write software and hardware evaluation and recommendation for management review.
- Writes or revises user training manuals and procedures.
- Ability to communicate and resolve customer relations issues. Ability to effectively communicate inter-departmentally customer problems, histories, etc.
- Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from Customers source documents into computer following format displayed on the screen.
- Prepare 1500 forms for customers who subscribe to this service. Maintains and files a copy of all documentation printed and mailed in customer’s file for reference.
- Ability to attend local trade shows and/or user meetings as needed. Attend seminars when requested.
- Must maintain a good knowledge of DME products and Medicare policies. Must learn product updates and enhancements when updated.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism when working with customers of all types and/or when working with subordinates.
- Ability to learn and use features of voice mail system.
- The representative is required to be on-call after normal business hours and during holidays for emergency situations when scheduled by management. Response to calls should be made within 30 minutes.
- Complete all assigned HIPAA compliance and/or other required courses assigned to the employee in a timely manner; reading all HIPAA Privacy & Security reminders posted in Jostle.
- All other duties assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Employee should have good written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate and understand DME Medicare policies and related terminology.
- Valid drivers license.
- 2 years of direct work experience in a DME capacity.
FDS, Inc. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org