Position: Business Analyst
Location: Columbia, MD
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, is analytical, detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. He/she is a highly motivated self-starter. This individual is an evangelist for his/her product and has a deep understanding of his/her customers’ needs, the product and the competitive landscape. He/she has the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. He/she is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross functional relationships, internally and externally. This individual will be skilled in working across departments to collaborate with Business Managers, User Experience, Application Architects, Engineering Delivery Teams, Project Managers, QA, and Operations teams. His/her product management experience and understanding of the software development life cycle is essential to the successful development of requirements and products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage competitive and market intelligence gathering and analysis, including the dissemination of this knowledge to the sales and product management team
- Use customer & market research, customer feedback, customer usage and competitive analysis to identify new product opportunities and enhancements.
- Work with multiple functions to build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions
Discovery and Definition
- Collaborate with the business, user experience and engineering teams during discovery to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
- Develop and coordinate cross-functional, integrated marketing programs to expedite and grow sales, support lead generation and build awareness
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Product Management on major aspects of Product Strategy such as road map prioritization as well as researching and defining new products
- Create and manage content/collateral for customers and partners
- Specify, prioritize and communicate high level and detailed product specifications using written specifications, business rules, flows and use cases as well as customer feedback.
- Assist with product and sales presentations
Implementation, Deployment and Support
- Engage frequently with engineering and project management during implementation; be available to quickly answer questions that arise during implementation and to make scope trade off decisions.
- Work closely with Marketing and/or the Business to launch products and ensure their adoption.
- Coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature successfully complete acceptance testing
- Manage the development of training materials and train users on new product features, support business users and manage close-loop feedback cycles to encompass customer/user comments and needs into better product experience.
- Define, track and improve key product metrics.
Work with the engineering team to improve existing products
Skills and Abilities
- REQUIRED: Four or more years of pharmacy or healthcare industry (Business Analyst or similar) experience and extremely strong writing skills preferably at software or high technology companies.
- Record of documenting ROI for prospective customers, ideally in software or healthcare industry
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience developing and delivering outbound product messages independently
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated team orientation
- Experience in business modeling, pricing, customer segmentation and market messaging.
- Self starter who has a proven track record of showing initiative in kicking off projects, and seeing these projects through to a successful completion.
- Demonstrated experience in creating solutions and working with third parties.
- Strong ability to develop positive and effective relationships with customers and internal functional groups and leverages a positive relationship with customers.
- Strong ability to lead and direct teams (influence vs. authority)
- Adhere to HIPAA policies
- Maintain satisfactory attendance in accordance with company policy
- All other duties assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience is preferred. However, four years experience in the pharmacy industry may waive the educational requirements.
FDS, Inc. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please submit resume to email@example.com